Healthy skin doesn’t necessarily mean breaking the bank. Here are some practical tips for your skin care:
• Cleanse, treat and prevent. Don’t let a 12-hour period go by without using some sort of treatment or product on your skin (sunscreen counts).
• Use sunscreen 365 days a year. This helps prevent sun damage that could lead to wrinkles, age spots, or even skin cancer.
• Get the most from your body moisturizer. Apply it to damp skin as soon as you get out of the shower to lock in the moisture.
• Try petroleum jelly. This common, inexpensive product has several uses including:
◦ moisturizing rough, cracked feet, elbows, and hands; dry cuticles and lips; and peeling nails;
◦ preventing chafing when running or biking;
◦ protecting kids’ scrapes and bumps; and
◦ applying as a diaper ointment.
• Use only one or two skin care product lines at a time. Limiting product lines saves money, storage space and avoids product spoilage.
• Remember, shop quality not value. Consider the active ingredients like Retinols and Glycoloic acids. Avoid brands containing fragrances that may lead to skin problems, watery products may end up making your skin more dry.
• Consider dual-function products. Examples include a moisturizer plus sunscreen and a lip balm with sunscreen.
Chelsea Skin & Laser can suggest the right products for your skin care.